O&M Technical Assistant
PSH Operations is a large-scale provider of O&M services to the renewable energy sector. We recognise and encourage team work, quality and creativity. We offer training and career development to all.
PSH Operations is rapidly expanding and we are looking for motivated, ambitious people who want to grow with us.
- You will work on projects that involve technical improvements on our solar sites and develop theoretical improvements that can be suggested to clients as trial projects
- You will work with other specialists when required such as structural design engineers or communication specialists
- You will give support to technicians on technical issues in the field (on the phone, internet and face to face)
- You will analyse data on spare parts working with suppliers to ensure we have spare parts available if needed, identifying trends in part failures so that spare part strategies can be recommended to our client
- You may carry out monthly performance analysis to include energy yield, performance ratio and availability
- You will analyse inverter issues: periodic faults, performance, maintenance and detect root causes of failures and design solutions
- You will analyse PV module issues: thermal inspections, string tests and reconfiguration plans if necessary
- You will contribute to the tracking of all issues and closing down technical issues assigned to you
- You will provide reports and evidence requested for any technical issue or solution
- You will compare weather data with solar radiation databases, to identify trends, but also determine the benefits of cleaning and advise the team when a site needs to be cleaned again or on a more regular basis
- You will analyse electrical designs from specifications and surveys
- You must attend meetings as and when required
- You must be prepared to travel to sites across the UK from time to time
- Any other ad hoc requests made by the Technical Director
- 2+ years relevant industry experience.
- Electrical engineer
- CAD and PV design experience (PV Syst)
- Central Inverter and HV experience would be advantageous
- Experience in purchasing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organised and self-motivated
- Team player
- Must have strong IT skills
- Must be hardworking, reliable and flexible
We are offering a dynamic and expanding role within a fast paced exciting environment. The salary for this role is highly competitive and fully negotiable depending on experience.
For more information, please send your CV & Covering letter to Lucie at HR@PSHOperations.com