Senior Town Planner
Arbora Homes is a residential house builder and developer. We specialise in identifying suitable sites for housing developments and acquiring optimal planning consent. Arbora Homes is part of the Push Investment Group, specialising in Renewable Energy projects.
The Senior Town Planner will work alongside the Design Director to assess the planning merits of housing sites and assist the Business Development Team in preparing bids for potential land.
You will provide overall planning advice and support for all projects within the company portfolio as and when required. These projects will include a variety of commercial, renewable and energy.
- Assess the planning merits of a site, formulating planning strategies to promote medium and long-term development sites through the plan making process.
- Assist Land Acquisition team to prepare bids on sites.
- Complete site appraisals as and when required.
- Write reports which make recommendations or explain detailed regulations for a range of groups, from borough councils to regional assemblies, or members of the public.
- Prepare design & access statements and a range of other planning documents required to support applications including sequential assessments and planning statements.
- Liaise with other consultants i.e. Landscape Architects, Archaeologists, Flood Risk Engineers, Ecologists and Conservationists.
- Liaise with Clients, Local Authorities, External Consultants and Major Stakeholders
- Have an active role in leading the team and mentoring more junior members of staff
- Discharge conditions of the approved planning applications.
- Prepare and submit planning applications.
- Arrange and attend public consultations when required.
- Attend and present at planning committees, appeals and public inquiry meetings
- Provide planning advice/support for the Push Investment Group on wide variety of commercial, renewable and energy projects.
- 5+ years relevant industry experience.
- An aptitude for listening to, and negotiating with, a diverse range of people
- Creative thinking, problem solving and analytical
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Self-motivated and resilient with excellent organisational skills.
- Hardworking, flexible and reliable with good attention to detail.
- Adaptable and works well under pressure.
- Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills.
- Have a good knowledge of all Microsoft packages
We are offering a dynamic and expanding role within a fast paced exciting environment. The salary for this role is highly competitive and fully negotiable depending on experience.
The role includes a company car allowance, Mobile Phone, Life Insurance and company pension scheme.
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant Industry: 5 years